Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I wish I could.....

Ok now today's blog is more of a bitch session than anything else, I am wanting to let the world know something that has always been a pet peeve of mine! There are some people in this world who love to treat service people like crap, it could be your waitress, the kid working the drive through, the person taking your dry cleaning, the list could go on forever...the point I am coming to is don't. If someone makes a mistake think of a tactful way to say "hey this isn't what I wanted, can you fix it?" 9 times out of 10 it is not an issue for that person to say "sorry I messed up, I will fix it right now." Instead there are those people who say something along the lines of "damn it I told you I wanted it this way!" with a very bad attitude, I can tell you that changes the response you will get from the person helping you. Now I ran across this the other day, and thought of all the people who are treated this way on a daily basis...although my customer not only treated me like a complete moron for messing up (which I fully admit I did...she wanted one thing and I was only half listening to her, my fault) later that evening she came back in for a pizza and made sure to point out my mistake while laughing at me and talking about me as if I wasn't even standing there. The truly frustrating part of customer service is the old saying "the customer is always right" this is not always true and when someone is belittling you and you can't say a word back it really gets you.
And now that I have bitched about this I feel much better about it.

Today is laundry day around my house....such a fun and exciting thing to do, and I was reminded by my eldest son today that they don't have school on Friday...so I need to get most of this house done before then, cause once they are home it will be hectic all day long. Especially since most of the kids around here go to another school, so there won't be anyone to play with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the new picture and layout.