Monday, September 15, 2008

Hi

It is going to be a long day I tell ya'. I have so many things that need to get done and so little ambition to do anything. I need to make phone calls, clean house, do laundry and then tonight go to the resturant and fill in for my Dad. The last thing will be good because it will give me a chance to read the book for my class Saturday, without too much interruption...that is a whole other story! I can already see the effects of our local shop laying off so many people as far as the local economy goes. It is amazing how many people work there and eat at my Dad's also, we aren't sinking but we aren't overly busy either. Not to mention that my entire night will be spent listening to the customers complain because my Dad was forced to raise the prices across the board, food costs are up all over the place and our prices were not reflecting this rise, and even though the customers see the increase in their own groceries they refuse to see why we had to raise our prices! It happens every time we have to raise prices, which is not often enough if you ask me.
I want to get so much done today and I feel that I may not get to it, for some reason when I know I have to go to work at night I don't really want to work too hard around the house.
I am getting more excited about hunting on Thursday though! I can't wait to get into the woods and hopefully see a doe! Actually I'd like to see a buck too, just to assure myself they are out there LOL. And for another bonus I have found out that Claud is not going to take a gun or bow out with us, he is leaving the hunting to me Thursday! He is only going for moral support...this is a good thing! I have to say he has tried very hard to be my teacher, and I know he is only going weaponless so that I may have a chance to get my first deer! Which I have to say is awfully sweet.
Well I will try to get some more posted this week, for now I am off to start making phone calls!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mandy,

I wouldn't worry too much over raising prices...who hasn't had to this year?...People are always going to complain about one thing or another...nice thing is they have to eat just like the rest of us...hope your day went well...see ya' soon...--Jeanna