Saturday, September 13, 2008

100th Post!!!

Wow I can't believe that I have posted 100 entries on here already! It seems like I just started doing this yesterday.
Today was my first real college class...I was there for 5 hours today, and learned a lot about myself, which may be what is leading me to my post for this evening. I reflected a lot about where I have been and where I am going in my life.
The first thing I reflected on is the people that made me who I am today, those few people in my life that I will never ever forget even though they are in my past. Through my middle/high school career I really only had 4 people that I considered my true friends, those that were by my side no matter what. If I had a problem they were always there to talk, to laugh with me, to cheer me up or to serve me a beer or ten until I forgot what was wrong. I was lucky to have them in my life and there are times that I wish I still had them, although for all different reasons I am not close to most of them anymore. I will let them remain nameless for the purposes of this but some of you reading this may know who I am talking about if you know me at all and that is ok. First and foremost there was the neighbor to the west of my parents, he was my biggest confidant, I told him everything that happened in my life. If I was sad he was there in a heartbeat to cheer me up, during the summer months we seemed inseperable, if I got a boyfriend he was friends with them too so we could all hang out. If he was out riding his dirtbike I was watching, if I was out swimming he was with me. There was a short time we tried to be more than friends and it didn't work, and before I ended up with Claud he wanted to try it again, but in my eyes he was nothing more than the brother I never had, which is why we are no longer close...it makes me sad to think all we are now are people who pass each other in cars and wave, and say hi if we bump into each other, but I guess that is how life works.
The second person lived around the corner as with the first one her and I were insperable, but over the years our friendship just kind of slipped away, I can't really say why or when but we just drifted, there are times that I wish I could just talk to her about my life and kids and ups and downs, but I know now and have learned to accept that we will not be like we were ever again. No matter how much that hurts.
The third person lived on the east side of my parents, he was much older but was a terrific friend to me, the story with him goes a lot like the first neighbor boy, but my problems with him were more to do with age than anything. I miss talking with him about life and learning about the world outside of Leslie, he has lived in so many different places. He moved out of state and I haven't even seen him in 6 years or so.
The forth person is the only one I still have in my life, and that is Claud. Although many people didn't see our relationship over the years he has been a rock for me since I was 14. He has always been the one I called at 11 at night because my best friend hurt my feelings, or my boyfriend dumped me, or just because I was having a bad night and needed a shoulder to cry on. The funny thing is we never planned to be a couple again and here we are threee kids and 8 years later.
I guess that I just wanted to take the time to actually write out all these feelings, I have had very few true friends in my life and I want those that meant something to me to know it. I know that after all these years I should be ok with not having these people in my life, and I am to an extent, I am very satisfied with the life I have and the people I have in it my family is my number one priority, but there are there are those days like today where I miss the people that helped make me who I am today.

No comments: