Friday, February 29, 2008

Little Update...

My appt. with Baker went well, I got to look around at the campus and decided that I really like it there, they have a small campus with small class sizes 25 max per class. They also have a surgical tech. program that I am taking a serious look at. I still plan to wait until fall to start, but I have filled out my FAFSA and found out that I should be eligble for lots of aid....which is good. I need to call back today and set up a time to go and take the COMPASS test that will be the equivilent of my GED, something that Baker offers that a lot of colleges don't. The test covers reading, writing and math. 2/3 don't concern me at all but the math is iffy...I have studied as much as I can and plan to study a little more this weekend on that portion and figure by the weeks start I will be ready. Once I pass that test(which I will) lol....I can get the ball rolling on everything else.
On another note I woke up with a sore throat yesterday, all the germs floating around in my house finally got to me...I wish there was some sort of germ protection suit for parents, that way when your kids get sick you could put it on and still cuddle them without getting sick.
My plan is to nyquil myself over the weekend and hopefully stop it before it gets too bad.
Well I just wanted to give you all the update on my Baker appt. now I am off to my domestic duties:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Baker decision. I'm right there with you but I have a plan for LCC. I only work 3-4 blocks from there. I took a couple classes at Baker back in the day and I really liked it too. If it was closer to work I'd go back there. And by the way, yep, the guys practice on Friday's, so I'm sure it was them that you heard. You still live there just farther back in the park? Maybe we can hang out sometime or when it gets nicer go for a walk or something.