Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Does it ever end????

My evening was spent at Urgent Care....Dillion has had a cough for a week or so but yesterday he spiked a high fever 103.3....so despite the ice covered roads I decided he needed to be seen. Luckily it wasn't busy so we got in and out pretty quickly, come to find out he has an upper resp. infection, which calls for mortin and tylenol and sleep. The Dr. didn't make the best first impression on me, she kinda ticked me off at the beginning....she asked what was going on and I said he is coughing like crazy and last night he could barely sleep because of it, to which she replied "mom can't sleep huh?" ummm...no lady actually I am concerned for my child who is not feeling well, normally he is bouncing off the walls and now he is just laying around doing nothing! Now I relize there are some moms who take their kids in hoping for sleepy time medicine... that is not me, I only take my kids in if I feel that they are uncomfortable. My comfort comes second to my kids always has and always will!
This is one of my biggest complaints about urgent cares, ERs, hospitals and in some cases pcp's!
They see your kid once every year sometimes more for 20 minutes, they have no idea what their personality is, what their activity level normally is. They rely on what the parents tell them but there are times when they just refuse to listen to them or cut them off half way through what they are trying to tell them. Now that I have gotten through that little rant, today is my appt. with Baker...kind of excited/ nervous about that me going back to school is a big step and I am looking forward to it but also starting to feel unsure about it.
Well I hope you all have a good day!

2 comments:

One of the Bunch said...

I'm sorry the doctor at urgent care gave you trouble. I understand what you're saying completely. It is a pet peeve of mine as well.

I hope your appt. with Baker went awesome. Do share what you found out. It's a scary step but so worth it. You will be so glad you've taken it.

Hope everyone is doing well. Chin up!
-B

Anonymous said...

Hey there...don't personally know you but found you through Becky..two things you've said in the last couple blogs was like I wrote them..First about wanting more, needing more, who am I, etc? Bec and I have had this talk recently and I have an appointment myself with an LCC advisor. Then secondly, if it was the Urgent Care in Mason, I know excactly who you are talking about and she has the worst bedside manner ever! Hope your baby feels better. Oh, and I just realized who your husband was and we just got a quote from his Dad for an addition...they were the nicest builders we "interviewed"...99.9% sure they'll get our business. Take Care and drop by my blog too.