Saturday, February 23, 2008

You Know That Phrase TGIF?....

Well that is far from the Friday we had.
So Claud headed to work Friday morning which was a good thing and I had plans to go to my sisters house in the morning after dropping Cj off at school but at the last minute I decided I better not go since I had laundry to do here and kinda wanted to lay in bed a few extra minutes. So Claud decided to take him for me...good day starting right? No.
About 10 am I was doing laundry and had just started the dryer when Dillion says "Mom this is smoking" so I turn to look and see him pointing at my definatly smoking fusebox. Now I had no clue what to do so I called Claud from the home phone, I said "claud our fusebox is smoking" to which he said "what" and at that exact moment there was a loud POP and the door to the fusebox flew open and a flame shot out...and of course the phone and all power went out. Luckily my husband is fast acting and was in the front door in seconds...he ran in and hit the main breaker (something I didn't think of nor know where it was) This stopped the smoking. It was the water heater circuit breaker that blew or melted or caught on fire whichever way you look at it. Well it melted the plastic on the box and up behind the other breakers so we have now replaced the entire box. Luckily we still have a house!!! I am very glad that I am a slacker and haven't stayed up on housework.
So that was my Friday how was yours?

No comments: