Monday, August 25, 2008

Wedding Time!!!!

This weekend we were very busy! My nephew got married on Saturday...it was a beautiful wedding and I was very thankful to see that it all went over so smoothly, which was all that Kyle and Rachel had hoped for. I have watched these two "kids" since they started dating in high school. I have watched Rachel go from a shy and quiet outsider in our family, to a really big part of it. I have of course seen Kyle go through all of lifes stages even the 16-18 year old stage where it took all my energy to even be around him for 5 minutes and even more not to kill him. I have been witness to this relationship growing over the years, I have seen the good times and some of the bad. I got to see Rachel stressing on Wednesday over the last details of their special day, and I tried my best to help calm her, and let her know that no matter how things went over the day would be beautiful because her and Kyle were going to be married by the end of it and after all that is the whole point right? But even I have to admit what I saw Saturday was the most precious thing I have ever seen in my life. I saw how much love those two truly have for each other, it was expressed so obviously through the night.





It was emotional for me, as in most ways Kyle is more like a baby brother to me than a nephew because there is only a 5 year age difference. Although I wanted him to get married, it is still hard to let go of him being a child.


Well now that I have rambled on I will let you all enjoy some of the pictures from Saturday!













































1 comment:

One of the Bunch said...

STUNNING!!!

I love the colors. Now, if only you had shown your face, you would have had a great couple photo of the two of you! :) Glad it went well!