Tuesday, August 5, 2008

De da da

Well I have managed to get some laundry done, of course there is a lot more that needs to be done. There is not a whole lot new going on with our family...I wish there was a lot more to blog about but sadly there isn't.
Oh I know one thing that I have yet to mention and that is we are in the process of potty training Savannah. I am kind of sad that I am finally potty training my last baby. I will not have anymore kids....ever. It is a sad realization for me, I really don't want anymore kids I am happy with having three, but I guess when the option is taken away from you it makes it different somehow. I still believe we made the right choice by have my tubes tied...I guess it is just in the last 7 years, I have had a baby every two years or so, which means I should have one right now...makes me a little sad.
Ok enough rattling on and on. I am just trying to keep my mind off of the habitat decision to be honest with you. I knew this was going to be the longest month ever...I have looked at it from both sides of the fence, in a open mind kind of way for the last week. I know that if we are not picked I will be disappointed because we want this so much, but I will also be happy that someone (whoever it is) will have a home. Honestly that is the hardest part is not knowing who the other family is. I kind of wish I knew because it would make it a little easier to know what their situation is and kind of guess as to what our chances are. Does that make me a bad person? I hope not. I do know that they are planning to build in Mason sometime in the near future so whoever doesn't get picked for this house will be automatically included in the selection for the one in Mason. Although I have to be honest with myself, I don't want to leave Leslie...I have grown up here and would really like to stay here if at all possible. Ok I am back to rambling so I will stop now and go back to my laundry and the kiddos!
Have a good day ya'll!

1 comment:

Nickie C. said...

I'm sending good wishes your way. Hope the Habitat thing really works out. We have a gal here at work who is a regular volunteer for Habitat in Ionia and she said she knows you are on pins and needles right now...just hang in there and they will make the best decision possible for Habitat and the families involved.