Friday, August 8, 2008

Crunch Time!

Today is really the final day for me to get all of the things done that I need to get done to leave on Sunday, yet here I am blogging! What a procrastinator lol.
We ran into a BIG problem yesterday! We don't have a hitch on my van yet to pull the trailer, so we went on Sunday to Autozone and ordered a REESE hitch, when Claud picked it up yesterday he noticed the box said PUTNAM a lot cheaper and not what we paid for or ordered....so he told them and they said sometimes the boxes get mixed up. So he took it, I brought my van down to the in laws and he tried to put it on...it didn't fit. So we call Autozone and explain it, ask them if they can get the right one by Saturday a.m. Well they jerked us around for a long time and finally we just started calling other places, we found a place that had one in stock but not the 2" that Claud wanted, but they could have it in by today at noon! So we got our money back from Autozone and went and paid $40 more for this one, although at least it is a REESE and it will be here...most other places said it would be 3-7 days to get one in. Yesterday was not a good day...if I had waited until the last minute I can see this being my fault but I didn't.
So I am planning to clean the whole house, which if you remember I did a day or two ago and my family has trashed again, also I need to get things packed and clean out the van! At some point our hitch will be here and Claud will need to put it on, I had planned on him doing that tonight, but it may be in the morning depending on how things go today here. So far it is not looking good, Savannah is in one of her moods today...she is whining about EVERYTHING!! When she gets like this I can't get anything done besides get a headache.
Well I am off here for now, got to get to cleaning or it isn't going to get done, the maid did not show up this morning....I think I am going to fire her LOL
Have a great day!

No comments: