Wednesday, August 6, 2008

This IS Funny

This has been a busy busy week for me! I am at the moment catching a break from my morning work, which involved cleaning the house or at least part of it, and beginning to get the kids clothes around for our trip. My goal is to have everything packed and ready by Friday night so I can help my Mom get the rest around on Saturday. I still need to clean my van out, which ought to be a thrill! I don't understand how so much crap can build up in that thing!
I have however decided that a family of five needs a lot of things to leave for a week in the woods. Did I mention that there is no electricity where we are going? This is the way I have always loved to camp mostly because there are less people there, although now I am a little nervous about it because it really does require more stuff believe it or not. When Cj got up this morning he asked me if they had cable at the campground because he has a show he NEEDS (lol) to watch on Sunday night. When I informed him there wasn't even electricity for a TV you would have thought I told him the sky was not blue! The look on his face was priceless. I do hope though he will still have a good time without his video games and TV. In fact I am looking forward to showing him that there is a whole big world outside of the normal things he does.
I am getting excited about going, although I am NOT excited about the 5 hour drive to get there and get back. That part is going to suck! I know that we have taken 2 hour trips and it about killed the kids to drive that far so this ought to be interesting. And since we are leaving at 10 am the chances that anyone will sleep are slim, but I remain hopeful. We do have "fun boxes" packed with toys, coloring books, notebooks etc. to keep them occupied. And since my Mom is driving separate, one of the boys will ride with her, this will keep the "he's touching me!!!" to a minimum.
Well I have to get back to cleaning now, so I better go...I will update asap!

1 comment:

One of the Bunch said...

Here I am, hiding out in my own chaos. I just wanted to let you know that I continue to think of you all and pray that the decision made is the right decision and that no matter who gets the house, it will be to one who is deserving.

I understand the stress of preparing for a trip with such a large family. I'll think of you and send you peaceful thoughts. Remember to take in the beauty and be still so you can hear the giggles coming from those adorable children of yours.

Looking forward to seeing lots of photos in another week. :)

Drive safe!