Saturday, August 16, 2008

WE ARE BACK!!!!!

Hey did ya miss me??? We are back from vacation! We got back on Friday around 2 or so I guess. We were greeted with some bad news that we did not get selected for the Habitat house, but oddly enough I am not as sad about it as I thought I would be, I suppose because the entire time I kept an open mind and didn't get my hopes up too much about it.



Anyway, off of that subject and on to telling you all about our trip!



It was a lot of fun although I have to admit I don't think my parents had much fun if any. I knew that them going too was a bad idea from the start. Don't get me wrong I love my parents and enjoy being around them they just don't feel the same way about us, well they do but 3 kids is a lot to handle when you aren't around them very often. It was ok though they did better than I expected and I didn't have to cook:)



Well on Monday we took the boys fishing at Fletchers Floodwaters, Dillion had the most fun, and caught the most fish..lil' booger! We spent the majority of the day there fishing with them and it was a good time, I so enjoyed just watching them.



Tuesday we went to Mackinaw City/Island. This was a fun trip but a little too much for Dillion and Savannah, they are just too young to really care about it. Cj was interested in the fort and the lighthouses. I will say that they all enjoyed the ferry ride, which is my least favorite part, but the water was not choppy so that made the ride a little easier on me. It made for a real long day though, we took my parents with us and they were not prepared to haul 3 small kids around the island. Especially up the hill to the fort...which is a hike for long legs let alone short ones:)



On Wednesday we went to Gaylord and visited tourist trap #3,458 The Call of the Wild. I am just kidding about the tourtist trap part, kind of lol. Both of my boys had already been there, but it was 3 years ago so they didn't remember it. They both really liked looking at all the animals, and even Savannah liked it. Which suprised me, I figured some of the exhibits would make her cry but she is a tough girl! While in Gaylord we went to Jays sporting goods....because in this family you cannot go north without stopping at Jay's...Savannah got a fishing pole (which she pronounces pissing pole) On the way out of Gaylord Claud took a turn to try and avoid the city traffic in downtown, and we came across an elk pen....that was way cool! We had to go around the block to get a better look but it was SOOOO worth it! None of us had ever seen a live elk before, it was great! We took pictures and fed them a bit...then the biggest bull in there came to the fence where of course my husband and I discussed where we would place the bullet given the chance...to which Mr. Big Boy (as Dillion named him) decided to blow his nose all over us...in all reality we deserved it LOL!

On Thursday which was supposed to be the day we left we decided to stay one more night, but my parents left as planned. This made me more relaxed, and we just sat around and enjoyed our day with the kiddos!

On Friday morning we packed up and headed home. And now here we are, I arrived to a clean house thanks to my neice who watched our dogs and now after two days of being home this family has trashed it...so my plan for today is to clean it all up! Sigh....back to the daily grind!

**I will post pics on Myspace because I cannot get them to load here for whatever reason...so you can look there! Just look under Family Vacation 2008...and if you aren't one of my friends just add me!
http://www.myspace.com/mom2_3_iswhatibe

No comments: