Monday, March 31, 2008

Find Out Who Your Friends Are....

Saturday night taught me a lot about my self and a friendship that I felt was lost forever. I won't say who this friend is on here...but she got married Sat. night. Although we live in the same town we haven't spoken in 3 years due to a little tiff over someone that she was dating and I didn't approve of, also I didn't go about keeping my opionions to myself well either. Well imagine my surprise when I recieved a wedding invitation in the mail back in Feburary...when I first got the invite I laughed it off and said that is nice for her but I am not going...I had called her a lot of times over the last three years and never once got a call back so I was beyond the point of hurt by her. Well over the few weeks before the wedding I starting thinking more and more about her and how much I missed her no matter how hurt I was she was my best friend at one point in time and she was not easily forgotten. So a week after they were supposed to be in I mailed out my rsvp...and decided I would attend at least the reception.
Well I expected to go and say hi and congrats and then leave shortly after to spend time with Claud all alone while we had a night off. When the bride returned I went up to her to say hi and at that point she started crying and hugging me tighter than I think I have ever been hugged in my whole life I think for a good 5 minutes or more it was just crying and hugging at some point she introduced me to her husband as her best friend Mandy....it was not a reaction that I expected at all, I never knew that I meant as much to her as she did to me. I truly thought I had been written off by her years ago and that the friendship was over. Long story short we danced and drank and partied most of the evening and made a promise to NEVER let this separation happen again. I hope that she keeps that promise...as I know that I will try my hardest to make this friendship last.
But to the part where I learned a lot sometimes it may be easier to walk away from someone and never to look back.....but if you take the harder road you may find out that walking away would have been the worst possible way. That makes no sense but you get what I am saying I could have missed out on the wedding and went on wondering if she ever thought about me but now I KNOW she missed me too!
Ok well that is enough of my emotional blabber...so bye bye for now!

No comments: