Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Week

I have spent my first offical week as a full time mom and student. This has made me decide my house is not going to fair well for the next 3-4 years! I am willing to admit publicly that the laundry is piled in the back room, and there is a sinkfull + of dishes that haven't gotten done this week. Of course this week I had to take the boys to the Dr. too, each on different days of course, and I don't know about anyone else but when I leave my house during the day, by the time I get back all my ambition is gone! So this weekend, I suppose I will be trying like hell to play catch up with the dishes and laundry. I have plans most of the weekend too which doesn't really help a lot! I am going out with a friend tonight who I haven't spent much time with lately, and on Sunday we are due at my parents for my birthday dinner, plus we have a party at my in laws on Sunday for something else. Truly I can't remember the last weekend we had just to ourselves that didn't have plans to go here or there and do this or that!
Back to me taking the kids to the Dr. this week, the first appt. was for Dillion...he only has a couple things going on that I wanted to talk to the Dr. about. One was the skin tags that the poor kid has, I found out they are called moluscum (sp) and they come and go on their own so no big deal. I did talk to them about something I have been avoiding for a long time, his activity level. I have put it off because of many things; one being I don't want him labeled adhd, and two I don't want people to think I am a lazy parent. But I bit the bullet and talked about it with the Dr. the reason I decided to was that I believe that I have add...not that I want to diagnose myself but I am fairly sure, and I know how difficult it can make things for me. If this is something Dillion is dealing with I don't want him to just fight with it all the way through his school years like I did and eventually give up and drop out...I really just want the best for them! I was told that it would be something to talk with his teacher about and then go from there with it, this is the way that they diagnos this with kids. And maybe it is just a definace problem in which case, that is our problem and we need to work on fixing it. I felt better after talking to them, even though I left there crying because I felt embarrassed to even bring it up.
The next appt. was CJ, I found out that he is on the low end of the scale for his height and weight which I already knew, he is only in the 10th percentile. I did talk to them about his "accident" issue, he is still having them at night every night and sometimes during the day, not to mention he just goes a whole lot in general. So they ran a urine screen and said it looked normal but I will still need to take him in for bloodwork to check for sure, they are checking to be sure it isn't diabetes, and then we will go from there on it. One thing they mentioned trying was a bed alarm, so if it isn't something medical this will be the next step to try to help him.
The Dr. I switched them all to has a wonderful office, the staff is very nice, and they really make you feel at ease talking with them these are all quailties I have been looking for in a Dr. for the kids for a long time and I think I finally found it!
So that is my week in a nutshell and now I am off to finish my coffee and think about cleaning or some other domestic duty I should probably be doing!
Have a great weekend!

No comments: