Monday, July 7, 2008

LONG WEEKEND

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July weekend! Ours was fairly full of fun. On Friday night we went to my parents and had dinner, hung out and did fireworks in the backyard. Most of the family was there, and we ended being able to sit back and enjoy a few (too many) adult beverages which hardly happens, which allowed us to relax and be super silly, we were all responsible however and got sober rides home!
Saturday, I woke up to a ringing phone as I had to return one family member to their car at my parents. When I go there my mom and I decided to head into town to get the chairs to finish off my new patio set. (The best part of my weekend) I got a nice little setup for under $150. That would be the 2nd great deal in a few weeks for me, the other being my $250 digital camera that was clearanced to $80!!!!
Anyway, after I got back we hung here for awhile, then headed to the in laws for a bonfire and weenie roast. Claud, Me, My father in law, and sister in law played a few games of horseshoes...decided we aren't real good at it, but we tried! It was fun anyway to laugh at each other. We didn't stay there too late, I think we were home by 10.
Then on Sunday, I locked us into the house until all the housework was done that I needed done, that was all done by 1pm or so, I laid Savannah down for her nap and then was able to half catch one for myself. Sunday afternoon we were back at my parents for awhile, ate lunch and the kids swam. I ended up taking Claud back home so he could take off and mow some paths in the woods where we hunt, he had asked all day and I figured he had been nice to help me with the housework so I let him loose from family fun day lol!
So that was our fun weekend, and now it is Monday and back to reality. I have lots of laundry to do and I also get to work tonight at the resturant, so I better get my butt in gear.
Have a nice week!
*On a side note, Thursday is my Baker orientation!!!*

No comments: