Sunday, April 13, 2008

2 Years 4 Months and Still Amazed.....

I have been thinking yet again about how amazing my baby girl truly is. All of my kids are amazing, but what Savannah overcame is a different kind of amazing that I didn't think would ever happen!
For those that don't know (which I am sure isn't many) Savannah is our preemie! She was born 9 weeks early by emergency c-section. It was pure luck, or fate whichever you want to call it that I was at the hospital that night and that they caught my placental abruption while it was happening. I don't know all the scientific data on placental abruption but I do know they told me mine was worst case scenerio.
Anyway, she was born 2# 3oz. on Dec. 21st 2005.


She was transported to UofM that night and stayed there for the first month....yes only a month before she was allowed to come home. That to me anyway was amazing step one! We brought home our 3# 9oz baby (that was a different expereience) and made our plans to never take her into the world! LOL.....we did eventually take her into the world but not too many places, those first few months were hard on me having to get up every 2 hours to feed her whether she was awake or not but it was sooooo worth it!
Long story short here we sit 2 years later and she is doing EXCELLENT! No long term effects.
She is talking up a storm and words that everyone can understand. She didn't have delays in anything that she did.
And now I look at her and just think how lucky we were!


1 comment:

One of the Bunch said...

Absolutely blessed, for sure! There's a reason for everything! What a blessing she is to your family. I'm sorry you had to hop on that Preemie rollercoaster. Once the ride is over, you realize just how lucky you really were. Enjoy every minute with her.