Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Today is a BIG day...hopefully?

The first thing I get to do today is go to class and watch my fellow classmates get up and give speeches (I am due to do mine on Thursday) but that isn't the BIG part of my day. Then at 2:40 I am picking my kids up early from school, again though that isn't the BIG part.
After I take the kids and babysitter home, then I am going to an appointment...now we are to the BIG part of my day. I am going to see a hypnotist! We have made the decision to stop smoking, by we I mean Claud, Myself and my father in law. They are going to attempt to quit cold turkey with no help, that process is not for me therefore I am trying the hypnosis thing. I have talked to someone who had this done and they said it was helpful, I guess I will know by 5 today. To be honest my nerves are on edge thinking about it. I am nervous about being hypnotised, but to be honest I am also nervous about becoming a non smoker. I cannot remember what it is like not to smoke. I have always done it since I was 14. The sad facts on that are I am only 27 years old and I have smoked for 13 years!
I am also nervous about the physical effects of quitting, the things that are going to happen no matter what such as coughing and fatigue and the many other things that my body is going to do in order to try to repair itself from the years of damage I have done to it.
I am also hopeful that I won't become a nagger, I don't want to complain to others about their smoking as I know that the only person who can make you quit smoking is you...this is not a decision that you can make for someone else...you must do it for yourself.
I made a list of reasons why I want to quit and I am going to share this list with you now:
1.) My Health~I want to breathe and walk up stairs without running out of breath.
2) My Kids~ Not only for their health but so that in 20 years they dont have to watch their mother die a horrible death or live a horrible life at the end.
3) The Cost~ I spend a total of 50-60 a week on cigarettes, and trust me we can't afford it, and also that is just my half...with Claud it is 100-120 a week!!!!!!
4) The Smell~ I know that it stinks, I can't smell it but others can and it bothers me
5) Social Issues~ There are many things we don't do because we smoke, most resturants are smoke free, going to the movies, etc...
6) Deer Hunting~ Smoke can scare a deer away quicker than you'd think...sometimes they come in because they are curious about it, but most of the time I believe they smell the smoke long before we see them...therefore we miss more deer than we realize every year!

So wish me luck on this journey....it will be a hard road I know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Let me know how it goes. Do you know if that hypnotist does weight? I wanted to go see one of those...let me know if they do and who you went to, I'd like to give it a try. Good luck!