Friday, June 27, 2008

Having Second Thoughts

I am having a hard time lately deciding what to do. I am not sure that this surg. tech thing is for me really, I am not sure I can handle the stress and 12 hour work days or watching people getting chopped open daily. The sight of a deer being field dressed does not bother me but I am not sure that I can handle the same with real people. Also I am afraid that I will not get to see my family.
There is a limited amount of choices in the medical field at Baker that interest me, one is opticianry, but not sure if that is what I want either. My Dad's advice was to leave myself open...in other words don't change my major just yet as some of the classes will be the same for either one. And of course my first year is my basic classes anyway. That way I can get a chance to talk to other students etc, about each course.
Anyway, I knew this would happen...that I would change my mind and be unsure of what I want to do. Claud told me last night to just keep in mind money is nice but if I hate my job and dread going to work it isn't worth it. I suppose he is right.
Oh and as for the kids, is it August yet?? Just kidding, they have been pretty well behaved for the most part this summer. They are old enough now that they play with the neighbor kids and ride bikes so most of the time they are outside, I see them just enough to check on what they are doing and where they are at.
Oh and a bit of excitement on my end for today! Claud and I are going on a date tonight, he thinks we should have some dinner, rent a motel room and sleep...LOL. But really we are going to go to dinner and then maybe get some groceries and call it a night. His neice is babysitting and since she is just starting out I don't want her to have to stay too long alone with the kids. Nonetheless it is a night out alone and we need it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Date night....what's that? Hope you have a great time and sleep...ah, how I dream about sleep. We just got a new puppy and that's worse than having a new baby. Have a good one!